Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Time to update your Control Panel

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Hi Ray,

Switched WiFi --> Wired; The astdb.txt issue is fixed. Your advice was right-on there, unrelated to trying to update, rather related to WiFi IP issues at boot. Appreciate that!

Now I am back at the initial condition. Update is still hanging. Public IP is unchanged (73.89.1.112) so I'll reach out to you shortly to see if you have any advice.

Thanks,

Rob

Well I am glad we got one problem fixed, but I'm at a loss to know why the update is not working for you. It uses FTP protocol to download the updated files, there is nothing special about it. It should work.

Strange. I'd like to ping the FTP server from the node in order to confirm they're communicating; Are you open to sharing the IP address for that?

Ping will not work as it is turned off at the server for security reasons.

You can try ping newenglandgmrs.com to confirm it is off.

Hi Ray,

Ok. Understood. Are there other steps you've taken in the past to troubleshoot? Or is this just a wait for 1.5.9, re-image, and see if update works then?

Thanks,

Rob

I will email your the supermon for 1.5.9 you can unzip it and copy it to your pi.

/srv/http/

Hi Ray,

I guess there's more than one way to solve a problem! 1.5.9 running on my node now, thanks.

If I have 1.5.9 and 1.5.8 running concurrently in different directories does that cause any known issues?

Thanks,

Rob

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot-2024-02-14-154244.jpg

Yes that should not be a problem. I am uploading the new 1.5.9 image as I type this. I don't think it is going to fix your issue, but at least everyone will have access to the new software one way or another.

WRDN278 has reacted to this post.
WRDN278

Appreciate all the help, Ray!

No problem, happy to help.

PreviousPage 2 of 2