Get a GMRS License

To operate on the GMRS radio band you need a FCC license, to get a license no test is required but you must have a FRN (FCC Registration Number). To get your FRN number go to ULS License Manager website.

Once you have your FRN you can log into the ULS system and apply for your GMRS License.

  1. On the left side of the page, click the Apply for a New License link.
  2. Choose “ZA – General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS)” from the radio service drop down list.
  3. Click Continue to navigate through the application.
  4. On the Summary page, review your application and click the Continue to Certify button to continue.
  5. On the Certification page, sign your application by typing your name in the boxes provided and click the Submit button.
  6. ULS will calculate the fees. Fees for online filing MUST be received within 10 calendar days of the filing.
  7. Click the Continue For Payment Options button to choose the method of payment.

Once you payment is confirmed you will receive an email with your call sign and a link to download a copy of your license.