Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

WRVD487

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Thank you Ray! 🙂

I have everything I need to know now. I'm still learning but with your simple perfectly laid out instructions on the setup page and all the info you have provided, I should be good to go.

I will send the node request email once I have everything setup and ready.

Thanks again for all your help! 🙂 I greatly appreciate it!

Anytime, enjoy the journey.

WRVD487 has reacted to this post.
WRVD487

Update on my X30A antenna. Although I loved the way it looked on the porch, I wasn't too satisfied with how it was performing. So I ended up mounting it on my fire escape.

I know I mentioned earlier in this thread that my landlord doesn't allow exterior antennas, but I really don't care anymore. With all the crap he puts us through and with the constant rent increases, he's lucky I don't put the antenna up on the roof. Ramona and I are actually looking to move soon anyway.

The antenna has been mounted on the fire escape since right before last Christmas and so far so good. I may raise it up higher though. I'm located in Smith Hill section of Providence and I can now hit the Kingston 600 and the MetroWest 675 Repeaters where I couldn't before. The North Providence Repeater is clear as day for me now. Distance in simplex has drastically increased as well and I can now also monitor all HAM Repeaters in New England.

Uploaded files:
  • Untitled.jpg
WRXC419 has reacted to this post.
WRXC419

I am so excited to be learning about GMRS. I love to listen to everyone learning a lot pretty soon I will have a node so I can get off of Zello

Rick & Stephanie

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_2040.jpeg
WRVD487 has reacted to this post.
WRVD487

Welcome to NEGMRS Rick! There's plenty of friendly people on the network with tons of knowledge and are willing to help anyone. I myself is fairly new to the network and still learning new things.

I don't talk much due to the line of work I am in but I do listen in. As the weather is warming up, my workload has been hectic. I work in customer service and I install trailer hitches on customer's vehicles along with trailer wiring and brake controllers. I also assist customers with truck and storage rentals and propane refills among lots of other tasks I am responsible for.

So I am always busy and I hate to start a convo with someone on the radio and have to abruptly stop to assist someone at work because to me that would be extremely rude on my part. I wish I had more time for this awesome hobby and hopefully that would be soon after I get settled in my new place as I am currently in the middle of a move as well. I do try to get on when I can once in a while.

Looking forward to talking with you real soon! Take care!

73's!

Armando

WRVD487

PreviousPage 2 of 2