Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral Topics: General ChatPhone Apps
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Phone Apps

On the Rag Chew the other night we talked about phone apps. Below is a list of a few that were mentioned, if I forgot to list your favorite, feel free to add it in the comments.

• DVSwitch This is great to GmrsLive, AllStar, DMR, YSF, NXDN, P25 and D-Star
  • DroidStar Does everything DVSwitch does but you can only setup one account
  • Net Scraper This app will show you all the current HAM nets going on.
  • BM Repeater Shows you all the BrandMeister hotspot in your area. Great if you need access to BrandMeister
  • EchoLink allows you to access many HAM repeaters over the internet.
  • HamAlerts lets you know when your buddy is working the HAM HF Bands
  • World Clock is nice to display Zulu time on your phone.

“RepeaterPhone” is another new iOS app that I occasionally now use with my AllStar nodes and GMRS node.  It can do AllStar, EchoLink, and private networks (along with GMRS nodes).  It is a paid app, but only $7…

I just looked for RepeaterPhone for the Android, nothing found.

Thx for the post I know there a lot iOS users here.

Thx for joining us on the rag chew.

While not a phone app, there is also a new program called “Transceive” for MacOS.  I’ve been using it on my MacBook Pro to monitor my AllStar nodes and GMRS node.  While you can talk through it, I mainly just use it to watch and listen and if I want to join in then I’ll grab one of my actual radios…

Uploaded files:
  • FF954E21-A448-4F42-82FE-764D07A978CF.jpeg

Very nice. Is there a way to get your GMRS Call in for your to show in your GMRS Node? I noticed all the node have your Ham call.

Ray

I have way to my awesome apps on my phone to type them all out. So here are some screenshots instead. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20230122-192114.png
  • Screenshot_20230122-192133.png
  • Screenshot_20230122-192158.png